Contact Gabriele Law Firm for Disorderly Conduct and Disturbing the Peace Charges
Disorderly conduct in Missouri – sometimes referred to as “disturbance of the peace” – is a misdemeanor criminal charge that carries with it a range of penalties. One of the more troubling aspects of a disorderly conduct charge is the fact that it can be applied in a number of different scenarios.
Call 816-352-8510 to speak with an Independence, MO Disorderly Conduct Attorney
Disorderly conduct in Missouri is defined as the following:
- Inconvenient and disruptive behavior that includes (but is not limited to) loud or unreasonable noises, offensive, obscene, or racially-charged language that is likely to disturb the peace and result in violence (some call these “fighting words”)
- Public drunkenness
- Public misconduct
- Engaging in disruptive protests
- Disturbing an assembly or religious ceremony
- Brawling or fighting in public
- Inciting riotous behavior
- Obstruction of traffic (vehicle or pedestrian)
- Public urination
- Engaging in threatening conduct directed at a citizen or an officer of the law
- Loitering in certain areas
A disorderly conduct conviction may create difficulties with future educational, career, and other opportunities. Considering what is at stake, disorderly conduct is not an insignificant charge. Fortunately, Gabriele Law Firm in Independence, Missouri has experience in defending against charges of disorderly conduct.
Contact an Independence and Kansas City Disorderly Conduct Lawyer
The Gabriele Law Firm, LLC, serves the areas Independence, Lee’s Summit, Kansas City, Raytown, Liberty, Grandview, and the entire Kansas City Metropolitan Area in Missouri. To schedule a FREE initial consultation with a Criminal Defense Attorney, call (816) 352-8510 or click here to contact Attorney Daniel Gabriele at his Missouri law firm today.